They have everything. They’ve been together forever. What could a couple possibly want for their anniversary or another special occasion when they have literally everything? *Affiliate links are in this blog post.
Couples on the go can have difficulty finding time to be together. Give them the gift of time:
- Gift cards for a dinner out can be accompanied by a gift certificate for babysitting for couples with children.
- Pamper them with a gift certificate for a couples massage.
- Treat them to a weekend at a local bed and breakfast.
- Bring romance back into their lives with a basket of romantic goodies: CD of romantic music, candles, massage oil, bubble bath, chocolates, and more. Include a bottle of champagne to celebrate
. Puttogether a scrapbook or photo album commemorating their time together. Be sure to include pictures from when they were dating, their wedding day, and all the time since.
- Consider a personalized memento, especially if they’re celebrating an anniversary of particular significance. Picture frames, throw blankets, trinket boxes, and more can be personalized to commemorate the special occasion.
Tickets and Events
- Couples interested in sports may enjoy tickets to sporting events, for either a local or professional team. For a themed gift, include hates or t-shirts for the team, or even bleacher chairs for added comfort while they watch the game.
- For fans of music, look into local events featuring an artist they would both enjoy. Purchase two tickets to the concert, and include a CD so they can get into the spirit before the show.
- Tickets to a theater production are also a popular choice. Think outside Broadway and look for local productions as well. For a complete night out, include a gift card to a restaurant near the theater.
- Don’t forget the classic dinner and a movie. Include a restaurant gift card, movie passes, and a gift card for popcorn and drinks. Throw in a couple of boxes of candy for good measure.
- Purchase passes or a membership to a local museum. Look outside the norm to find interesting destinations, such as butterfly museums.
- For couples who prefer to stay in, put togetehr a warm and cozy gift, complete with fire logs, blanket, and candles.
- Treat them to a wine tasting, with bottles of wine, wine glasses, wine stoppers, coasters, and more. Don’t forget a book about different wines. Try a local vineyard or look for wines with unique, quirky names. For beer connoseiurs, try a beer-tasting theme instead.
- For couples with a sweet tooth, try a chocolate tasting theme. Look for as many different kinds of chocolates as possible. Don’t forget hot chocolate, chocolate sauce, and chocolate liqueur.
Look for a theme or idea reminiscent of the special couple. Focus on what they enjoy together and give them an opportunity to reconnect. Is there a particular activity they enjoy doing together? Did they meet somewhere special? Do they have a unique memory? If you’re not sure, ask close friends and family for input.